Getting Started With Amazon FBA
Posted in Amazon FBA on August 31, 2018 Last Updated on September 1, 2018
Getting started with Amazon FBA is much easier than you might think. All you need is an internet connected device, a few extra minutes, and the desire to start making money to fund your new life. There are a few steps that make up the process, and we’ve detailed them for you here.
- The first step is creating an Amazon Seller Account account.
- Once your account is set up, you’ll be ready to start hunting products to sell. To do this, you’ll use the Amazon Selling App. Our post on Downloading and Using the Amazon Seller App will get you out and hunting in no time.
- Finding items can seem challenging at first. To get used to buying and selling on Amazon, many sellers will start with big box store clearance, sales on online retailers, and discount stores like Big Lots. Once you’re used to the process, wholesale purchasing can be a great next step.
- Once you have your items, make sure you record all of your costs from the start. It will make your life easier when it’s tax time. Our Basics of Accounting post should help you get started.
If you’re using Inventory Lab, you will record all of your products’ costs while creating your shipment.
- You have your items, your costs are recorded, and now it’s time to ship your items.
We have a supplies list for Amazon FBA that contains both essential and handy items for prepping and sending your products. You’ll head on over to Amazon Seller Central, and create your shipment. We’ve put together a video that covers the basics of creating a shipment through Amazon Seller Central to help you with the process.
- Now that your shipment is created, you box it up and take it to a UPS drop-off location.
- You’re done! Now, you just sit back and wait for Amazon to take over.