Disclosures and Legalese
Since the FTC requires that we disclose this information please read the below and know that all blogs have operating costs.
- Yes, we make money off of this website. If we did not, there would be little point in paying to keep it running. How do we make money, you may ask?
- We make money (although not much) off of many links on this website. Most of them are affiliate links where we make a few cents when you buy a product. We only link to products we use on a regular basis and trust. If you want to buy a product we mention in a blog post or one we review please buy through our links. It is just one way you can help keep this site running.
- We make some money off of “page views”. Yes, you view the page, you make us a tiny fraction of a fraction of a cent.
- No, our opinions cannot be bought. While we may receive free items to review, we reserve the right to express our true feelings about the products. We are happy to receive free things but we will not always write a glowing review. When appropriate to the poor quality of an item Alan actually quite likes writing negative reviews. Although we always welcome companies to send us free products. we accept only items that are relevant to our blog. We do this so we can pass along the reviews or even the free items themselves – via contests and giveaways – to our readers.
Don’t Blame Us
At times we may run contests. Everyone loves a contest. These contests may provide the winner with “free” items as a prize which may have been purchased by us or may have been provided by a sponsor. In any case…
- If you do not like the item, please feel free to let us know. Do not, however, expect a replacement item.
- Unless otherwise specified, we did not make the product. If you have a reaction, get sick, die, go deaf, smack your spouse, or have any other unwanted or unexpected reaction, either good or bad, from any item which you receive from Road Work Play or any of it’s affiliates, friends, acquaintances, pen pals, or any other related person, we are not responsible. By accepting the prize, looking at the prize, smelling the prize, or in any other way having any contact or near contact with the prize, you are bound for life to the agreement that we are responsible for nothing and you cannot sue us. No matter how much you want to.
- We collect all the data we can.
- We will not ever, ever, ever sell your email address or personal information. We don’t like people that do that sort of thing.
- If you send us information, we’ll keep it. Forever. We do not delete emails. We may post the content of said email on the internet, use it in print, or any other way we deem fit.
All original content on this website is, of course, copyrighted. Websites are copyrighted, even without this statement. You may link to any page you like on our site, reference any page with a link, and in fair use cases quote portions or our website. You are, however, strictly prohibited from, but not limited to, the following.
- You may not take any portions of this website and claim full or partial ownership.
- You may not use any of our photos, either full or in part, in any of your own works.